Here’s a list of foods recommended as dog foods:
Food for Dogs – Do’s for dogs
- Fresh carrots
- Fresh green beans
- Yogurt ( good substitute for milk)
- Raw chicken (cooked chicken bones may splinter in dog’s mouth)
- Boiled Eggs
- Sweet potatoes
- Apple slices (without its seeds and core)
Here’s a list of foods you should avoid feeding your dogs:
Food for Dogs – Don’ts for dogs
- Excessive Milk
- Macadamia Nuts
- Onion & Garlic
- Raisins & Grapes
- Cooked Bones
- Bread Dough
- During summers a dog should always have access to fresh drinking water.
- Puppies should be given 3-4 meals a day.
- Adult dogs should be given 2 meals a day.
- Calcium and de-worming supplements should be given as prescribed by the vet.
- A dog’s diet should not contain only kibble but must also be mixed with home foods (mentioned above).