Obesity and overweight are two of the most common problems faced nowadays. Unhealthy lifestyle, lack of exercise and unbalanced diet can trigger weight gain. Amla or gooseberry is an amazing fruit which we can easily incorporate in our diet for weight loss. Amla can assist in losing weight due to its high fiber content, which aids digestion. Amla is also concentrated with Vitamin-C that helps in increasing the metabolism in the body and can act as a detoxifying agent. With these benefits in store; we will now look at some home remedies of using amla for weight loss.
How to use amla for weight loss
- Amla is most effective when it is consumed early morning in empty stomach. So, squeeze amla to get half a cup of fresh amla juice. Mix it with cold water, salt and lemon juice. This tonic will kick start your morning. You will feel energetic and in the long run this will act as an immunity booster. Follow this remedy every day to notice radical change.
- Fresh raw amla fruit can also be consumed. The fibers in amla are extremely beneficial in warding off fats. Fiber absorbs cholesterol and inhibits its entry into the body. Consuming fibrous food even makes a person sated thereby controlling excessive consumption of food.
- Lot of times fresh amlas are unavailable in the market. In such condition buy amla powder and mix it with water and honey. Consume it in the morning empty stomach. Combination of honey and amla can do wonders when it comes to weight loss.
Many people hesitate in eating raw amla due to its excessive sourness. Here are a few tips to counter that.
- Cut amla into small pieces and add salt. Keep it under the sun for few days. When amlas are completely dehydrated, store them in a clean jar. Eat few pieces of amla in the morning or afternoon to reap its benefits.
- Pickles can also be prepared using amla and can be consumed. Now a days amla tablets are also available. Get these prescribed medicines and enjoy the benefits.